Submit your abstract by 30th June and get your chance to win 600$ and go to the US with the help of Fablab Saigon!
We are very happy to work with Arizona State University (http://www.asu.edu/) this year to support The 2016 National Instruments Innovation Design Competition for Young Entrepreneurs in Vietnam. We look forward to welcome the selected teams and help them with their idea for the finale in October!
ASU has been very active in promoting the Makers movement through their VEEC conference, in which Fablab Saigon takes part since last year. We have also been working with ASU, the US Consulate General in HCMC and Fablab Danang on the Maker Promotion Forum last year.
This competition is yet another exciting opportunities for STEM students and young engineers, scientists and technologists to nurture their innovative and entrepreneurial ideas, and to promote the Maker Movement in Vietnam. Winners receive prizes of cash, NI design products and a chance to attend NIWeek in the U.S.
Important Dates for Participation
May 23 – Launch Competition – begin call for abstracts
June 30 – Closing for abstract submission
July 15 – Top 10 abstracts announced
October 15 – Closing for final project submission
November – Awards ceremony (date to be announced)
So, who can participate in this competition?
- Be ±3 years from college or university graduation
- Be or have been enrolled as a student in a STEM (Science, Technology,Engineering and Math) academic program of a college or university, that awards associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degrees.
- Have an innovative idea for a product that could become a new business and benefit the local community
What is the prize?
- First Prize includes: 600 USD cash; 1 NI myRIO Embedded Student Design Device; the opportunity to present your winning project at the 2017 NIWeek global conference in Austin, Texas USA; and the opportunity to publish 1 paper on www.ni.com
- Second Prize includes: 300 USD cash; 1 NI myRIO Embedded Student Design Device; and the opportunity to publish 1 paper on ni.com
What is benefits for the participation?
Support will be provided by partners Saigon High Tech Park, Fablab Saigon and Fablab Danang. In addition, the Top 10 project participants will have access to NI’s development platforms to design prototypes and solutions using the NI myRIO embedded hardware platform and NI LabVIEW system.
How to apply?
Submit your abstract via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 30, 2016; with Subject: NI CompetitionFollow us at HEEAP.org or Facebook.com/planetni